De Beers Group Learnerships: Diamond Sorter South Africa 2023/2024

Filed in Learnerships by on June 13, 2022 0 Comments

ABOUT De Beers Group:

De Beers Sightholder Sales South Africa (DBSSSA) is the world’s front-runner in diamond mining. They have set the standard for the entire industry with over 20 000 employees in over 28 countries. De Beers Sightholder values safety, well-being, and health for their colleges and communities. They aim to innovate and create an industry that will protect all people as well as ensure their team works professionally, responsibly, and in a respectful manner.

DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:

Location: Kimberly, Northern Cape
Contract duration: 12 months

De Beers Group is offering a Mining learnership for the position of Diamond Sorter. During this one-year programme, the candidate will gain work experience and be exposed to institutional learning with 30% of the focus being on structured learning and the other 70% on practical/ hands-on learning. The aim of the programme is to allow the candidate to gain key skills upon completion, thus allowing them to be a front-runner candidate to join the professional sporting teams. Upon completion, the candidate will also achieve an NQF-4/ FET Certificate in Diamond Design and Evaluation.

Key Performance Areas of the Programme:

  • Evaluating and sorting rough diamonds within a secure, controlled environment
  • Ensuring all legislative requirements are followed within the Learning Agreement
  • Asking questions and taking control of your training.
  • Portraying competence during the learnership period

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:

Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:

  • Must have completed Matric (NSC)
  • Must have passed Mathematics with a minimum grade of 50% or Mathematics Literacy with a minimum grade of 70% in Matric
  • Must have passed and 1 additional language in Matric
  • Must have basic Microsoft Office skills
  • Must be willing to work in a strictly controlled environment
  • Must be able to carry out the associated occupational requirements

HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP POSITION:

Applications must be done online for the following position:
De Beers Group Learnerships (Kimberly, Northern Cape)
(Reference number: click_002213)

You may be required to submit the following documents when applying:

  • A cover letter
  • An updated Curriculum Vitae
  • Original and certified copies of your academic transcripts/ Identity Document, and Qualifications

Please note:
1) De Beer’s Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
2) Successful candidates will need to undergo and successfully complete a mandatory polygraph/ personal vetting test
3) Candidates will need to undergo a security clearance test
4) Candidates will need to successfully complete a pre-recruitment assessment (prescribed by the organisation)

CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:

For any queries related to this learnership programme, please De Beer’s Group directly:
Telephone number: 011 374 7000

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.